老外看台灣/敦南誠品即將謝幕 老外大讚「根本是圖書館!」

【看CP學英文】陪伴讀者30年不熄燈的誠品敦南店即將於2020年5月31日正式謝幕。登上CNN評選全球最酷書店,全世界第一間24小時不斷電的書店,成為台灣最具代表性的文化指標。

Most people don’t know that Eslite Dunnan Bookstore, which has been open 24/7 for the past 30 years, will close on May 31. As the first 24-hour bookstore in the world, the Dunnan store was praised by CNN as one of the “coolest bookstores in the world.” It has since become one of the most famous cultural landmarks in Taiwan.

究竟誠品書店在來台外國人眼中與一般書店有什麼不同呢?在敦南店正式謝幕之前,The China Post特別至誠品敦南店,訪問六位在台外國人,分享他們眼中的誠品。

So what exactly makes Eslite Bookstore different from other book shops? The China Post headed to the bookstore to ask six foreigners what Eslite means to them.

來自捷克布拉格的包伯|Holy Bob Prokop from Prague, the Czech Republic.

來自捷克布拉格的包伯|Holy Bob Prokop from Czech Republic, Prague.
來自捷克布拉格的包伯|Holy Bob Prokop from Czech Republic, Prague.

Q: 誠品書店在你心中的地位是?|What does Eslite Bookstore mean to you?

包伯:誠品敦南店內部非常舒服,而且這裡有很多英文書,我很喜歡。第一次造訪誠品書店是2018年,當時剛來到台灣,想要找旅遊書,所以在這裡買了一本孤獨星球。當時,我就愛上了這裡,在這裡你可以取任何一本書來讀,就像圖書館。另外,你還可以在此享用咖啡,非常愜意。

Holy Bob: I come from the Czech Republic. This place is really comfortable, I really like it because I can find so many English books. The first time I came here was in 2018. I was looking for a guide book about Taiwan, so I bought the Lonely Planet. Actually, I fell in love with this place, because you can read the books as well, it’s like a library. You can have a coffee too so it’s really comfortable.

Q: 你通常在什麼時候造訪誠品書店? | When do you usually come to Eslite bookstore?

包伯:我通常都很晚來,大概晚上11點後回到台北,我會在這裡和朋友聚聚、坐著聊天放鬆。

Holy Bob: I usually come late, after 11 p.m. when I come back to Taipei, just to hang out, sit and chill.

Q: 你通常會來誠品書店找什麼樣的書? |What kind of books do you usually read and look for?

包伯:我喜歡20世紀歷史書。

Holy Bob: I like history books from the twentieth century and horror books.

Q: 知道敦南誠品書店即將謝幕,你有什麼感觸嗎?|How do you feel knowing the Eslite Dunnan Bookstore is about to close?

包伯:我知道台北還有其他分店,雖然這間離我住處比較近。之後我可能會去其他分店看看。

Holy Bob: Well, there are more branches in Taipei. This one is closer to my place and I’ll probably find somewhere else.

來自美國來台交換的班尼|Bénédicte Yenyi Mulumba, an exchange student from the U.S.

來自美國來台交換的班尼|Bénédicte Yenyi Mulumba, an exchange student from the U.S.
來自美國來台交換的班尼|Bénédicte Yenyi Mulumba, an exchange student from the U.S.

Q: 你對誠品敦南書店的第一印象是?|What was your first impression on the Eslite Dunnan Bookstore?

班尼:這裡空間很大,而且很乾淨。所有架上書本都排列整齊,也更容易找到我要的東西。

Bénédicte: it is big and it’s super neat. Everything is super organized and it’s so easy to find stuff.

受訪的那秋、卡達、藍迪,分別來自西班牙馬德里、日本東京、印尼雅加達。

Nacho Kleinman, Okada Noritaka, Randy Kurniawan, students from Spain, Japan and Indonesia, respectively, who spent three months in Taiwan to learn Chinese.

受訪的那秋、卡達、藍迪(左至右),分別來自西班牙馬德里、日本東京、印尼雅加達。|Nacho Kleinman, Okada Noritake and Randy Kurniawan(Left to right) are students from Spain, Japan and Indonesia, respectively, who spent three months in Taiwan to learn Chinese.
受訪的那秋、卡達、藍迪(左至右),分別來自西班牙馬德里、日本東京、印尼雅加達。|Nacho Kleinman, Okada Noritake and Randy Kurniawan(Left to right) are students from Spain, Japan and Indonesia, respectively, who spent three months in Taiwan to learn Chinese.

Q: 你們在台灣做什麼呢? | What do you guys doing here in Taiwan?

那秋:我們在台大學中文。這是我們第一次到誠品敦南書店。環境非常乾淨。

Nacho Kleinman: We are studying Chinese at the NTU for three months. This is our first time at Dunnan Bookstore. Everything is really clear.

Q: 你們喜歡哪一類的書呢?| What types of books do you usually like to read?

藍迪:漫畫。

Randy Kurniawan| comic books.

卡達:我也是!

Okada Noritaka: Same.

那秋:我喜歡看歷史書。

Nacho Kleinman: I like history books.

Q. 你們最喜歡書店的哪個角落?|What’s your favorite corner of this bookstore?

藍迪:當然是漫畫區!

Randy Kurniawan: The comic books section.

卡達:我喜歡食物、文具商品區。

Okada Noritaka: The grocery area.

那秋:設有大桌子的閱讀區很酷,我從來沒看過這樣的書店。

Nacho Kleinman: The reading section is really cool. I had never seen it before.

Q: 你們覺得誠品書店和其他書店有什麼不同?|What makes it different from other bookstores?

藍迪:這邊有賣各種商品、文具。

Randy Kurniawan: There is a grocery, stationery.

卡達:這裡和日本的鳶屋書店很像,都很安靜,而且書的種類很多。

Okada Noritake: It’s similar to Tsutaya. It’s quiet. There is a variety of books.

那秋:這裡好多人都坐在地上讀書,各個角落都有人靜靜讀書,這讓我滿驚訝的。你可以挑選任何一本書在這裡閱讀,而且沒有人會來阻止、打擾你。

Nacho Kleinman: For me, it’s kind of surprising people are reading on the floor and everywhere. You can pick up every book and read it here. Nobody will bother you.

來自馬來西亞的凱爾 | Caleb Teo from Malaysia

來自馬來西亞的凱爾(左)|Caleb Theo from Malaysia (Left)
來自馬來西亞的凱爾(左)|Caleb Theo from Malaysia (Left)

Q: 這是你第一次來到誠品敦南書店嗎?第一印象是什麼?|Is this your first time at the Eslite bookstore? What’s your impression?

凱爾:這不是我第一次來這,我對誠品書店的第一印象很好。

Caleb: It’s not my first time here. My impression of the bookstore is great.

Q: 你喜歡看哪一類的書?|What kinds of books do you like?

凱爾:我喜歡看科幻小說、藝術類的書。

Caleb: I like books about science fiction and arts.

Q: 誠品敦南店快要關了,你對此有什麼感觸呢? | The bookstore is about to close. How do you feel about it?

凱爾:我覺得有點後悔之前沒有常來這看書。我喜歡這邊的氣氛,整個環境讓我覺得很放鬆。

Caleb: I kind of regret I didn’t spend so much time in this bookstore. I like the atmosphere here and the environment makes me feel relaxed.

Q: 你通常什麼時候會來誠品書店? | When do you usually come to this bookstore?

凱爾:通常是沒上班、假日的時候會來。有時候晚上閒來無事會來這裡拿本書來看。

Caleb: On my day offs, usually on weekends. Sometimes at nights; if I have nothing to do, I would usually come by and read some books.

更多 ChinaPost 新聞
疫情失控缺口罩? 日本蕾絲「內衣」口罩賣到斷貨 | Lace mask bra? Japan releases bizarre face masks amid shortage
誠品將公布敦南接班人 「這間分店」呼聲最高 | Eslite to unveil location of next 24/7 bookstore on April 23
誠品書店專訪:24小時不打烊敦南誠品吹熄燈號|Eslite Dunnan Bookstore to close in May