An elderly grandmother with dementia who was sleeping on the second floor of her house was rescued by her caretaker during a recent house fire in Nantou County (南投縣).
The caretaker shook her awake as soon as the fire broke out and swiftly carried her away. Her unwavering courage and immediate assistance have touched many people’s hearts.
At 3:38 a.m. on Aug. 29, the Nantou Fire Department (南投消防局) received a call from a local resident that a large fire broke out in Daguan Market (大觀市場). According to media reports, there were many flammable materials at the scene, causing the fire to spread rapidly.
The most serious damage was to one house and two stalls, where a neighboring resident’s fire alarm woke up the sleeping foreign caregiver. She immediately came to her employer’s rescue and fled the fire with the grandmother in tow.
The Nantou Fire Department recommends installing residential fire alarms in all properties. The department also urged residents to be careful with fire and electricity to ensure the safety at their homes.
更多 ChinaPost 新聞
法國攝影師忘不了台灣 想對其他旅客說「這句話」讓網友淚崩 | French photographer lists five reasons why you should visit Taiwan
印度男誤訂一卡車的米 驚人結局曝光網友笑翻 | Story of Indian man who accidentally ordered truckload of rice becomes viral
網瘋傳台灣鈔票最美風景 老外拍攝技巧曝光引熱議 | Foreigner puts scenery featured on Taiwan banknotes into perspective